Saturday 20 August 2016

Why we do what we do

It is very easy to get bogged down as a teacher and forget about the important things - why we do what we do.

I took these photos during the week. The first was of a stunning sunrise over the school playing field one morning. It reminded me to slow down and appreciate things that are right in front of me.

The second photo was a selfie we took to send to my husband as a good luck message before his anaesthics exams began. When you think of your students, it is easy to just think of all the things they need to learn and all the trauma and pain many of them have experienced. But when I look at this photo I see kids who love unconditionally, want to be loved unconditionally, and are dying to learn.

That's why I do what I do.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Such a good reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring Miss Nalder!!! Always great to remember this! I recognise some of those smiles in your photo, boy they get big fast :)

    ReplyDelete